Ok, it’s 6 hours later and I have some clarity over last night’s Opening Ceremony so I had some additional thoughts and addendum:
1. Have you ever felt like you had a hangover WHILE drunk? yeah, well apparently one (or all) of these damn headache drugs is anti-alcohol cuz I wanted to DIE last night. I was seriously about to just shoot myself in the head 15 minutes after that video.
2. I wasn’t lying about the logo and the mascot. The London Olympics committee have just been making oddball decision since the beginning.
3.There was no chance the Brits were going to compete with China so they had to do their own thing, but I just think they could have done their own thing better. For those who watched the Parade of Nations (Lust) at least 1/3 of the countries were former colonies of English empire. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
4. The Opening Ceremony opted to focus on the transition of the UK from an Agrarian society to an Industrial society, but at that point it was either a staging failure or a failure of NBC that the viewer missed the beauty of the segment. SO MUCH WAS HAPPENING AT ONCE! It was just a hodgepodge of chaos and stuff. I imagine it looked spectacular from the stadium, but from my bedroom it looked like ass. It was like a Tyler Perry sitcom, it wasn’t meant for television.
5. I forgot to mention the part where Daniel Craig and the Queen of England “dropped” out of a Helicopter into the stadium. It was cute, but it was strangely and poorly done. It was daytime in the copter, then the corgis were were cartoonerized. Danny Boyle, Artistic Director, is smoking that Good Good. That Good Good is how you get a 40 foot Voldemort, 30 Mary Poppins and a girl in a flying hospital bed.
6. Oh, so that came right after a segment about their National Health System, which reminds me that Mrs. Obama was there looking fabulous and Mittens was there looking robotic.
(Now for a Political Break) On Tuesday Romney gave his Foreign Policy speech and I’m ashamed to admit I watched it live. He claimed that President Obama has done a poor job at foreign relations, that the President has a leaky White House, particularly during the Bin Laden raid and that the President has ignored his advisors. I’m going to ignore the fact that the world loves Mr. Obama and he repaired a good amount of diplomatic damage done by Dubya. So Romney goes to the UK on some love me “I’m Anglo-Saxon” (WHITE) stuff. He then immediately criticizes their Olympics, which you can do 6 months before, NOT 48 hours before the BIG Show. Britons were salty as fugg. Then RIGHT after his meeting at 10 Downing he comes out and basically spills that he met with the head of MI-6!
MI-6 was founded in 1909, but the government didn’t acknowledge it until 1994 and the head of the organization didn’t speak publicly until 2010. THIS is some true Illuminati sh*t! But keep up the good work Mitty Boy.
7. I forgot about Mr. Bean!
8. I guess some Brit invented the World Wide Web and that’s why we got the dance number with all the great pop music. Seriously, I was jammin’ and I know when Soul II Soul played every black person started dancing, quit lying. Then when the lame rapper, Drizzle something, came out we all sat very still.
9. I’m so so so so so so so so so so mad about the Parade of Nations . . . I’m going back to bed. If I start up again I’m seriously going to consider flying to London and going stabby on some NBC camera people.
10. Yes, I am the only person in the free world who loves Meredith, Matt and Bob . . . they will irk the living hell out of anyone and everyone else who tries to watch the Opening Ceremony. You were warned.