What are you reading right now?

Lisbeth Salander – The Girl Who Played With Fire…and my babymomma.

Summers are great times to enjoy a damn good book or two…or three…maybe even more really. Maybe you’ve gotten the chance to kick back on a lunchbreak or after work at the beach or a local cafe and just kicked back and red a few pages and found yourself just whisked away.

Personally, I didn’t get the chance to read many new titles this summer because …well… I’ve been finally catching up on some damn videogames in my freetime and kicking back toying in my garden. But each night I have allowed myself a few moments to enjoy a few written words of a few great books.

Yeah.,… I totally read World War Z a third time. I love that damn book. It’s like after all these years of being a total bytch about all things Zombie, it’s like i’m trying to make-up for lost time.

Other than that, I just finished Book 2 of the Millenium series:” The Girl Who Played With Fire”, which has resulted in me having a huge crush on anti-social protaganist: Lisbeth Salander. Matter of fact, book 2 ended SO gatdamn gangster that I quickly made sure my Nook color had book 3 ready for me to jump right into.

Goooood awesomeness!!!

What about you? What are you currently reading, just read, or want to read soon?

More advertisements – whatever is featured in here, love it! Buy it! ..if you know what’s good for you.

Comments

comments

Comments

1. DollyNZero says

1. The Picture of Dorian Grey (re-reading)

2. The Color Purple (I've seen it a MILLION times, but never read it)

3. Shanghai Girls (I put it down and lost my place…)

• Lately25 says

I started to read Dorian Grey, but for some reason couldn't get into it… I REALLY want to read it though, guess I must force myself to get my Nike on and 'Just Do It'…

Just started the 10th book in my favorite series by David Rosenfelt.

Going to read Delirium next, and I'm on reserve for Enclave. I'm on the biggest Dystopian kick and have been for about a year now.

Also on the 10th Alex Delaware book.

• Wildwhuck says

Man I was gonna start Delirium but its was checked out and so was Enclave. The digital library is failing me :(

3. MoreizMore says

Game of Thrones Books 1 thru 7 (currently on book #2). Reading this series, I obviously missed a whole lot while watching the HBO Show.

• MoreizMore says

Well, that explains why I couldn't find them! :-/ Cool, only 3 more books to go then!

• Sasha89 says

The hubby has read them all and is convinced that George R R Martin is a pedo…lol…I've read the first two books. I'm taking a break from the madness and reading The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty by Anne Rice. Hot ass mess! I have a book to read for my book club but can't think of the name before I go back to books 3 & 4 of the Game of Thrones series. The hubby just said that The Red Wedding is a MOFO…

• ChiArtist26 says

Anne Rice's Sleeping Beauty series is soooo much better than that Fifty Shades of Grey mess. I wish I could go back in time and read them all over again for the first time.

• Rainbowsprinkles2 says

man my friend gave me that sleeping beauty series for christmas its three books and man oh man when i tell you……

The Fire Starter Sessions by Danielle LaPorte…it's a great personal development book that includes worksheets and questionnaires so you can actually write down responses vs. thinking, "Yeah, it would be nice if…"

5. ChiDiva says

I'm going to grab''The girl with the Dragon Tattoo'' later when I go to the library.I finally <a target="_top" id="AdBriteInlineAd_watched" name="AdBriteInlineAd_watched" style="cursor: pointer; color: rgb(0, 102, 0); text-decoration: none; background-image: url (http://files.adbrite.com/mb/images/green-double-underline-006600.gif); margin-bottom: -2px; padding-bottom: 2px; background-position: 50% 100%; background-repeat: repeat no-repeat; ">watched the movie because for once,I didn't want to read the book first and be totally disappointed with the movie.

• Sasha89 says

Actually, the movies stayed really true to the books. I did watch the Swedish versions and they were great. I was so ready to be disappointed with the American version, surprisingly, I wasn't!

6. Damelo Suave says

Read: The Pact, and books 1 & 2 of Joe Ledger series

Finishing: King of Plagues (Book 3) & then going to the Assassin's Code…dunno what I'm gonna read next

I feel like I've read something else, but I can't remember…though I finally finished 1984 (meh)

7. Nerdprincess80 says

I just read "Alice's Adventures In Wonderland" and I've started "Through The Looking Glass". Gotta love public domain.

I need to hop off to the library in a moment to pick up "Let's Pretend This Never Happened" by Jenny Lawson. Finally came in after being on hold for a few months.

• Nerdprincess80 says

If you love her blog, you will definitely enjoy the book. I stayed up until 2:30 in the frickin' morning to finish it because I enjoy her writing so much. There are even a couple of chapters that had me teary eyed because I definitely feel her on panic/anxiety attacks and how devastating they can be.

She's doing a book signing in the PDX 'burbs tonight. Not sure I'll make it out there, alas, but her book is definitely on my radar. I was fortunate to meet her in person a few years back at a BlogHer conference and loved her ever since.

8. cakes_and_pies says

"The Savage Hits Back" by Julius Lips
    "Sacre Bleu: A Comedy d'Art" by Christopher Moore

9. letinstar says

i read all three "girl tattoo" books…

i started reading "50 shades of meh" and got bored….

i'm going to re read "the spook who sat by the door"

i also still have the first four books of "game of thrones" to get through…

10. naturallyangelic says

Getting ready to start The White Oleander for book club.
    Currently Reading The Complete Guide to Sewing

11. Wildwhuck says

Just started on Midnight's Daughter by Karen Chance.

Recently finished:
    1-4 of the Stephanie Plum series. Light and fun
    Gunmetal Magic
    Golden Lily

Going to pick back up The Dresden files

12. DiaShoni says

Rereading the Belgariad and the Malloreon by David Eddings. Not sure what I'm going to start next. A friend just sent me a whole bunch of eBooks.

13. Lately25 says

OK…. I saw the movie, and decided to go ahead and read the book 'The Hunger Games'… Then I was given a series by a good friend to try 'Vampire the Requiem' that includes 3 books:

1. A Hunger Like Fire
    2. Blood In, Blood Out
    3. The Marriage of Virtue and Viciousness

14. Kat_Coll says

What I'm reading right now:

Another Man's Moccasins by Craig Johnson (Longmire #4) – I got hooked via the tv series
    A User's Guide to the Crisis of Civilization (and how to save it) by Nafeez Mosaddeq Ahmed (he didn't lie, it's a tome). I saw his documentary on Link TV.

15. CaraQ301 says

I started summer by finishing the Codex Allera series by Jim Butcher. He used some Roman/Greek (and a bit of Russian) history/culture to create this new world that is going through a civil war, but also a war with another race of beings (2 actually) and an unknown foe that can destory the world. It reminds me of Star Wars and a few other stories where there is a boy with a secret heritage and powers who makes friends who would later be allies. It's really good once you get past the first book (world-building is necessary and pays off in later books).

Most of the summer has been spent listening to the Monster Hunter International series by Larry Correia – This is not just sci-fi, but action-filled for gun nuts. lol The author is a gun buff and he describes gun use/action sequences ike love scenes. But it's a good escape.

Right now, we're going through Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. It's a bit slow, but I hoping that it will become more interesting. I like how they are using history, yet filling in the gaps with fiction.

I've also been reading some e-books (smut/romance) and some self-help books (tightening up skills). My to-be-read list has been expanded due to Goodreads, so I expect to discover more this fall/winter/etc.

16. ChiArtist26 says

Started "Time Untime" by Sherrilyn Kenyon.

Still need to start "Bad Behavior" by Mary Gaskill and finish "Devil in the White City" by Erik Larson and "Sin in the Second City" by Karen Abbott.

• ChiArtist26 says

So far so good. I love learning about the history of Chicago, and usually do architectural tours. And HH holmes was a crazy man, interesting to learn about. Sin in the Second City is really fascinating too.

17. Tori D. says

Finished the Zombie Fallout series not long ago. (Thanks Tracy!!) I enjoyed every book except the last. It was a little anti-climactic IMO.

Now I'm reading The Boss of You (a business book), Bossypants, and Unprotected Texts (religion + sex + history should be a win, but it has some points that are dragging…)

Re-reading "Roots".
    Started "A New Orleans Voudou Priestess – The Legend and Reality of Marie Laveau"
    In the middle of "Dream Brother – The Lives & Music of Jeff and Tim Buckley".

… my ability to focus is jacked. I've become a book-zapper. *sigh*

19. Unca_Ruckus says

Got my corner desk piled high with James Patterson, getting every Alex Cross saga completed. I also have "On writing" by Stephen King. I'm not suffering from writer's block, per se, but I am letting my drafts marinate for a few weeks so I could see them with a fresh eye and trying to find the right voice for my protagonist.

How To Be Black by Baratunde Thurston started off my summer reading. I tried to read Treasure Island!!! by Sara Levine but couldn't get into it. Filled my days with the regular urban fantasy, paranormal romance, saucy romance. Going to start Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell to finish out my fun summer reading before I have to buckle down and read for work.

• Fresh Kid Smoke says

How To Be Black was great.

I'm currently reading Black Is The New White by Paul Mooney and Assholes Finish First by Tucker Max.

And if you count comics, I'm reading Cable & Deadpool.

21. LynnInArizona says

For myself..
    1. Guilty Wives by James Patterson (meh)
    2. Criminal by Karin Slaughter
    3. Creole Belle by James Lee Burke

Because my mom for one of her books in the bargain bin at the grocery store and decided to enlist me as her book club
    The entire Dark Hunter series by Sherrilynn Kenyon 20+ books since Labor Day weekend. Meh on most, although
    I did enjoy her The League series and her Chronicles of Nick series.

• ChiArtist26 says

Love some of the Dark Hunter series. I think I loved Acheron the most. Some of them are meh. I can't get into her League series, probably because I don't read much scifi.

• LynnInArizona says

I'm not much of a scifi fan either but I found that he League series as a whole is simply better written (as is her Chronicles of Nick series) than her Dark-Hunter series. Of her DH series I enjoyed Night Embrace, Devil May Cry and Acheron the most.